Table of Contents
American Express has been generous again with handing out credits and spend bonuses for their cards! This time, up to $220 in credits for their Marriott Bonvoy co-branded credit cards.
NOTE: THIS POST IS PART OF A SERIES OF TEMPORARY OFFERS BY CREDIT CARD COMPANIES:
Dining Credits – Up to $220:
Eligible Consumer Marriott Cards have the following dining credits at U.S. restaurants, to include dining in and / or take out, through the end of the year, 12/31/2021:
- Marriott Bonvoy AmEx card (no longer available) – Up to $110 ($10 max per month)
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AmEx card – Up to $220 ($20 max per month)
Wireless Credits – Up to $165:
Eligible Business Marriott Card has the following wireless credit at U.S. Wireless Telephone Services through the end of the year, 12/31/2021:
- Marriott Bonvoy Business AmEx card – Up to $165 ($15 max per month)
Spend Bonuses – Up to 75,000 points:
Eligible Marriott Bonvoy cards earn an extra 7,500 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus points when they spend $7,500 on purchases from now until 6/30/2021. And this can be done up to 10 times. This offer is applicable to all the Marriott Bonvoy cards, however if you have more than one Marriott Bonvoy card, then you must choose which card to apply this offer to:
- Marriott Bonvoy AmEx card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AmEx card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business AmEx card
The Key Details:
- These offers are only available to those that currently have and had an active card as of January 1, 2021
- Purchase must post by either 6/30/2021 or 12/31/2021, depending on the offer
- These are provided as AmEx Offers, so you must enroll the offer on your card before using the credits or working towards the spend bonus.
A Note about AmEx Offers
- Find your offers at: https://global.americanexpress.com/offers/eligible
- Must first add offer to your Card, and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels, so make sure that you add the offer to the best possible card for you
- To add the offer
- Log in to your American Express account
- Go to your specific card to which you want to add the offer
- Scroll down to the offers section
- Click on “Add to Card”
My Two Cents:
These are some great offers by American Express. They obviously want to keep you as a customer, and put spend on their cards. Here is how I look at these credits:
- $110 on the $95 Bonvoy card
- $165 on the $125 Business card
- An additional $220 credit on top of the very easy to use $300 Marriott credit, for a total of $520 on $450 Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card
I personally find the Wireless credit easy to use – I would just go into your cell phone plan and do a partial payment for the $15 every month and your done! A very easy $165. To the best of my knowledge this works on all the major U.S. Wireless carriers, though I’ve seen conflicting reports about Google Fi.
As far as the Dining, this is a little more of pain, but doable. Some suggestions are:
- Add the cards to Apple or Google Wallet and use when using a delivery / pickup app
- Load your Starbucks, Chick-fil-A, etc. account(s)
- Stick the card in your wallet and you the next time you dine out or pickup or order delivery.
As for the Spend Bonus, if you spend in exactly $7,500 “chunks” then it is like getting 3x Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar, which I value at about 2.4 cents per dollar, so a return of 2.4%, not bad for everyday spend. But unless you are confident that you do the $7,500 spend, and you want extra Marriott Bonvoy points, I would pass on this.
So, tell me, what do you think of these offers for the American Express Marriott Bonvoy cards?