Check your American Express account for AmEx Offers. There is currently one for $50 off $1,000. If used for exactly $1,000, this is a 5% discount.
The Key Details
- Offer must be added before any purchases post to your account
- Expires 12/31/2020
- Find your offers at: https://global.americanexpress.com/offers/eligible
- # of Transactions: One or more
- Offer valid only online at: https://www.amexgiftcard.com/
- Limited Enrollment
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- This offer is for American Express® Gift Cards and Business Gift Cards and American Express® eGift Cards and Business eGift Cards (“Gift Cards”)
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member
- The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit
- Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits
Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid online at Amexgiftcard.com only. This offer is for American Express® Gift Cards and Business Gift Cards and American Express® eGift Cards and Business eGift Cards (“Gift Cards”). Excludes the following types of orders or prepaid Cards issued by American Express: 1) Bulk orders over $100K, 2) Reloadable Gift Cards, 3) logo Gift Cards, 4) any American Express issued prepaid Card not sold or fulfilled specifically via Amexgiftcard.com, or 5) Gift Cheques. Please note that Gift Cards purchased on Amexgiftcard.com cannot be shipped in the states of HI and VT. Terms and conditions apply to Gift Cards. Visit Amexgiftcard.com to view applicable Cardholder Agreement for complete details. Gift Cards are issued by American Express Prepaid Card Management Corporation. PCMC is licensed as a Money Transmitter by the New York State Department of Financial Services. NMLS ID# 913823. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.
Which Credit Card to use?
I only saw this offer on my American Express Business cards (both AmEx and Co-branded cards).
With the line about “benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits” I recommend adding this to one of the following business cards:
- AmEx Blue Business Plus card (2x everywhere)
- AmEx Blue Business Cash card (2% everywhere)
- AmEx Plum card (1.5% everywhere)
- Hilton Honors AmEx Business card (3x Hilton Points everywhere)
- Marriott Bonvoy AmEx Business card (2x Marriott Points everywhere)
The Deal expires on Friday January 1st, 2021 (i.e., make sure you make the purchase before Friday January 1st, 2021)