PayPal came out with an offer for an easy $25 this week – spend $35 or more, three times by 12/31/2020 at any combinations of 7 stores.
The Key Details
- Expires: 12/31/2020
- # of Transactions: 3
- Maximum number of redemptions: 130,000
- Must Opt In – https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/cashback-25ex
- Eligible Stores:
- Banana Republic
- Old Navy
- Eligible Purchases do not include:
- Send/receive money transactions (including those marked as a “Goods and Services” payments)
- Charitable donations
- Purchases made using PayPal.me
- PayPal Cash Mastercard®, PayPal Cashback Mastercard®, PayPal Prepaid Mastercard®, PayPal Extras Mastercard®, and PayPal Business Debit Mastercard® purchases made using the card directly and not through your Valid Account
- In-store purchases at Participating Retailers.
- 1 Reward per Valid Account
- Full details available upon saving the offer to your account
Hacking the Deal
There are a number of ways to “stack” this offer, just by using the “right” card along with a shopping portals.
Hack 1 – Credit Card spend bonus
Chase Freedom / Freedom Flex
During the 4th Quarter 2020, the Chase Freedom (no longer available) and Chase Freedom Flex cards have both Walmart and PayPal as 5x bonus categories.
Citi online bonus offer
From 11/24/2020 to 11/30/2020, most Citi cards seem to be targeted for a 5% online bonus, in addition to whatever rewards that the card typically earns.
Hack 2 – DoorDash
Chase Sapphire Reserve – $60 Credit
For 2020, the Chase Sapphire Reserve card has a $60 DoorDash credit available, if you haven’t already used it.
Hack 3 – Shopping Portal
As I write this post, Rakuten (formerly ebates) is offering an additional return on these stores (cashback or if you have an AmEx card that earns MR points, Rakuten can be configured to earn MR points instead of cashback):
- Athleta – 6% or 6x MR
- Banana Republic – 10% or 10x MR
- Gap – 10% or 10x MR
- Old Navy – 2% or 2x MR
- Ulta – 10% or 10x MR
- Walmart – 1-6% or 1-6x MR
Also as I write this post, Top Cashback (this is a referral link, but unfortunately there does not appear to be a signup bonus at the moment) is earning the following cashback:
- Athleta – 10%
- Banana Republic – 8%
- Gap – 8%
- Old Navy – 5%
- Ulta – 10%
- Walmart – 2-7%