This is an often recurring offer at Amazon – where you can get a discount just for using at least 1 Citi ThankYou point to pay (partially) at checkout!
To Get the Deal:
- See if you are targeted: Citi ThankYou Point offer at Amazon
- Click on the “Activate Now” button
- Shop as you normally would, but at checkout, change your payment setting to use your AmEx Membership Rewards Credit Card and redeem at least 1 point.
- This is a limited-time offer to get 40% off your eligible purchase(s), up to a maximum aggregate value of $10 off, when using ThankYou Points for all or part of your purchase(s) when the promotional code is entered at checkout.
- To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an Amazon.com account, have an eligible Citi credit card loaded into that Amazon.com account, and use ThankYou Points to pay for all or part of your purchase(s).
- This offer is not available to eligible Citi cardmembers who have previously used ThankYou Points to shop at Amazon.com in the past twelve (12) months.
- The promotion will end at 11:59PM PST on 12/31/2021, or when the cumulative value of redeemed promotion codes reaches $175,000, whichever is earlier. The promotional code will expire concurrently.
- Eligible purchases excludes taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10. Limit one promotional code per eligible Amazon.com account.
- Shipping charges may apply to items purchased using the promotional code.
- Offer only applies to eligible products sold by Amazon.com. Offer excludes digital content.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers. Offer is available to eligible Citi cardmembers and is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among each promotional items in your original order in which you used the promotional code. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount applied at purchased will be prorated and deducted from the amount of refunds or credits. This may result in the total discount on unreturned items being less than 40%.
- Products returned are subject to Amazon’s refund policy.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in Amazon.com accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
Hacking The Deal:
Use Only 1 Point
While Amazon and Citi’s intent is likely to get you to use points for your entire purchase, you only need to use 1 point (value = $0.01) in order to get the discount.
Use a Card Linked Program:
Amazon is not usually available as part of card-linked program (where you get extra points when using credit cards at specific retailers). But, as of today, the Drop App program is currently offering an additional 5 points per dollar (0.5%) on all purchases at Amazon.com, not just Amazon products: